- 10g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 1 tin (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 pt chicken stock
- 125g bulgar wheat
- salt and pepper
- 2 salmon fillets (around 150g each)
- handful fresh coriander, chopped finely
- wedge lemon to garnish
Preheat oven to 150°C.
- In a large pan, melt one third of the butter over a medium heat and cook the garlic and onion until softened.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add the stock and continue to cook.
- Meanwhile, melt half of the remaining butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Gently fry the bulgar wheat for one minute.
- Pour the bulgar wheat into an overproof dish.
- Add the mixture from the large pan and stir well.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a skillet over a medium temperature.
- Melt the remaining butter and fry the salmon for 8-10 minutes turning half way.
- When the flesh is a pale pink all the way through, remove from the heat.
- Remove the bulgar wheat mixture from the oven.
- Stir in the coriander.
To serve, spoon half of the bulgar wheat mixture onto a plate.
Add the cooked salmon and garnish with a wedge of lemon.